Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Day Two: Lying


For some reason, I have a really huge problem with showing up to places on time. It seems like even if I set aside an extra hour for the journey to school, I will always show up late. I usually come up with excuses about having to pick my sister up from school, going to a doctor's appointment, or my car wouldn't start. I have never picked up my sister, been to a doctor's office or had issues with my Mercedes Benz. I don't think I've ever shown up to my composition class on time and I would love to someday real soon. I love my teacher in that class so whenever I show up ten minutes late, she looks disappointed and I feel sick every time. I want her to love me, not loathe me. Before Thanksgiving break, she pulled me aside and asked me what my problem was with showing up on time and I kind of laughed, which made her even more upset. I laughed because I'm not sure how many times I've had to talk with my teachers or managers for arriving later than I was supposed to. On Tuesday, I had the choice of showing up on time or printing my paper that was due. Since she had talked to me last time we had class, I had to show up on time, without my paper. Little did I know that we had to turn in our journals that day too and I didn't have mine. I just laughed again and the teacher looked at me like I was crazy and I don't think she's very far off. My classmates and I had to read each other's papers that day, so as soon as I found out who my partner was, I bolted out of the room. I ran down the four flights of stairs, to the library and frantically printed my paper. I then folded it into a tiny little bunch, threw it in my pocket and hurried all the way back to my class. My teacher caught me at the door and asked me where I went. I said I had a torrential bloody nose and I was scared for my health but it was no big deal. At my table, I pulled out the paper from my Japris and my partner laughed. I'm glad someone enjoyed my chaotic morning because after all that running around, I felt faint and I couldn't breathe. I need to break out those Tae-Bo tapes again to kick my ass back into shape. Goood times!

AW

No comments:

Post a Comment