Friday, September 18, 2009

TGIF (That one's for you, Wolf Blitzen.)

It is 8:58 in the am and I am in my Plato class. For anyone who doesn't know what that is, it's a course you take on the computer because you failed the course last year when you took it with NORMAL kids in a NORMAL class environment. In my case, this course happens to be 2nd year algebra term 3. I have found that I do the best on my tests when I listen to either: Muse's new album- The Resistance, or Twista's new album- Category F5. It's good shit, check em out.

I just finished my report on David Attenborough who is the narrator on Blue Planet and Planet Earth. Usually I find writing reports as dull as watching a sloth (excluding sloth dad, of course.) but I found Mr. Attenborough really interesting and possibly the greatest old man in the history of the world. There was one quote that he said about his view on religions. It's exactly how I feel and it has made me hang on to my title as an agnostic even more. It was:

"My response is that when Creationists talk about God creating every individual species as a separate act, they always instance hummingbirds, or orchids,sunflowers and beautiful things. But I tend to think instead of a parasitic worm that is boring through the eye of a boy sitting on the bank of a river in West Africa, [a worm] that's going to make him blind. And [I ask them], 'Are you telling me that the God you believe in, who you also say is an all-merciful God, who cares for each one of us individually, are you saying that God created this worm that can live in no other way than in an innocent child's eyeball? Because that doesn't seem to me to coincide with a God who's full of mercy"- David Attenborough
--Luna Zuna

No comments:

Post a Comment